Looking forward to breakfast

This morning I was at my ladies' bowling league and each time a different team plays hostess and brings some munchies. It's early in the morning, so it's often breakfast fare. Today someone had made a yummy breakfast casserole that was quite tasty. It reminded me of a monte cristo sandwich.

Here's how she described the recipe in between frames:

She said she gets Centrella sandwich bread (which is square and not rounded on the top) and cuts the crust off. She butters one side and places the pieces buttered side down in a baking dish or cake pan. DO NOT grease the pan since it has the butter on the bottom. Next goes ham. She said she used the Badger brand honey ham from the deli and cut it into small pieces and placed on top of the bread. Then add a layer of shredded cheddar cheese. Top with another layer of crustless bread, buttered on one side, but this time the buttered side faces up.

In a bowl mix a dozen eggs with 1 1/2 cups of milk and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over bread layers. Cover and refrigerate over night. Preheat oven to 350, then bake about 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.

I didn't have my camera with me to get a shot, but it was perfectly browned on top and looked very appetizing. It was so good that I whipped up a pan tonight so that I can pop it in the oven in the morning and have it again.

Comments

  1. Thats sounds so good! Plus it is so quick n simple in the morning because all you have to do is pop it in the oven.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment