Dofino has me feeling cheesy

This week we've been having a cheese party on the Facebook page to celebrate hitting 1,700 likes (and then I blinked and we are on the verge of hitting 1,800!!!) So, this makes it a perfect time for this post.

Last Friday, I got a Fed Ex package and was delighted to open it up and find this bunch of goodies from Dofino. I am a cheese fanatic. Sadly, my doctor told me last year that my cholesterol was high and she put me on a low dosage medication, so I don't indulge as often as I want to, but I still enjoy it in smaller quantities. Hey, I don't smoke. I barely drink alcohol. I don't drink coffee at all. My vice happens to be cheese. :)

This fabulous package included a small wheel of Gouda and one of smoked Gouda, some sliced light Havarti, some smoked cracked peppercorn Havarti, some creamy Havarti, some hickory smoked Havarti, some dill Havarti and Edam.


I happen to be having a birthday party for my son the next day, so I pulled out some and cubed and it and shared it with my guests. You can never go wrong with cheese and crackers.





I made an appetizer that was quite yummy. I had just picked up a loaf of Labriola's Sourdough Asiago Black Peppercorn. I cut some small pieces, placed them on a cookie sheet and put in a 350 degree oven for about 6 or 7 minutes to lightly toast it. Then I spread on a little of this awesome German mustard I picked up at Aldi. 


Then on went a little bit of smoked ham or pepperoni and a little slice of cheese on top. For this I used some Edam, smoked Gouda and smoked cracked peppercorn Gouda. I popped it back in the oven for about 5 more minutes to let the cheese melt. The results were wonderful and they got snapped up quickly. I can't wait to find some fun recipes to utilize more of these cheeses!





*disclaimer: I did receive free product samples for the purpose of a review. I was not paid for this post. All opinions are my own.

Comments