Home cookin' and time with Dad

My dad is my buddy. He's one of the people I spend the most time with and I love spending time with him. Of course, one of the things we like to do together is go out to eat. Some of Dad's favorites are Schoop's Hamburgers, Olive Garden and Cracker Barrel. We went for a recent visit to the Cracker Barrel in Hammond, IN and then went next door to see the Horizons photo exhibit at the Indiana Welcome Center, which was featuring one of my photos.

Cracker Barrel is also one of my favorite places. I love the food. Everything I get always tastes like it's homemade. And I don't make gravy at home, so when I go to Cracker Barrel, I usually get myself a plate of country fried steak with gravy and potatoes and biscuits. And I could spend all day in the gift shop. The stuff there is the cutest!

Here's what Dad had. He usually gets a big vegetable plate. 


Me? Country fried steak, all the way, baby! :) 


Yikes...lots of shadows on my pictures! These fried apples make a great dessert!


Can't forget the biscuits and cornbread. Personally, I prefer the biscuits.


And here's my lunch buddy!


Comments