Niche's shot and a beer desserts
Dining at Niche a couple months back was definitely one of the foodie highlights of the year. I always love to see what new things Chef Serena Purdue comes up with. Here's the press release that showed up in my inbox today:
’S VERSION OF A SHOT AND A BEER ADDED TO SMALL PLATES DESSERT MENU
A Delicious And Fun Twist On The Traditional Shot And A Beer Duo
GENEVA, Ill. (Nov. 20, 2012) – The newest addition to Niche’s savory small plates dessert menu has diners raving. A spin off of the traditional shot and a beer, executive chef Serena Purdue handcrafted this indulgent addition and placed it on Niche’s small plates dessert menu. Consisting of a delicious whiskey cake, breakfast stout ice cream and meringue cigarette, this dessert is worth every bite. Come in and enjoy this one of a kind treat for only $9.
In addition to the new shot and a beer dessert, Niche’s small plates menu includes:
- Pork Belly Terrine, served with fresh apricot chutney, whole grain mustard, cornichions and grilled bread, $12
- Duckopita, confit Maple Leaf duck, marcona almonds, gold raisins wrapped in phyllo with sherry aioli, $10
- Pork Empanadas, braised Hasselman Farm pork shoulder smothered in traditional mole, chimmichurri, $9
- Jonah Crab and Biscuits, buttermilk biscuits, crab salad, Bull Run tomato jam, $9
- Foie Gras Torchon, marinated in white port served with toasted brioche, St. Germaine elderberry gastrique, preserved rhubarb, $16
- Delaware Oysters, three oysters grilled in the shell, fresh herb and shallot butter, $10
- Venison Chili, venison osso buco meat, kidney beans, Bull Run heirloom tomatoes, corn bread madaline, $8
For reservations or questions, diners can call (630) 262-1000.