Mishkenut olive oil

My friend Michelle and I went to have lunch recently at Mishkenut Mediterranean Cuisine in Munster, IN. We enjoyed a nice meal of fried kibbeh, spinach pie, falafel, baby ghanouj and other specialties  Everything was delicious. We chatted with our server for a little while, who is the son of the owner. He explained that his father was overseas in Jerusalem because it was olive picking season. Each year, family members go to there to the land they own where they hand-pick olives and bring them to a local place for pressing. The results are delicious. They use the imported oil in their dishes and they also sell it to customers. I picked up a bottle while I was there, which I've used for sauteing meats, on pizza and in salsa. It's fantastic! And it's soon going to be time for a refill. 


Comments