Counting down to opening day

We're now at the point that we can start counting down in weeks rather than months until spring training starts and not longer after that baseball season will return and I'll be able to spend time doing one of my favorite things in one of my favorite places - taking in a baseball game at Wrigley Field.

I'm a huge Cubs fan as my father taught me to be and as I'm teaching my sons to be. I just love spending a day at the ball park with them and hanging out in Wrigleyville. Another part of the day that I definitely enjoy is the food...even something as simple as a hot dog. They just always taste better at the ball park.

I know. I know. It has ketchup and mustard. I should hang my head in shame eating a hot dog this way in Chitown. True Chicago dogs NEVER have ketchup on them.

This is what I look forward to having for lunch when I go there (yes, lunch -- I'm a hard core day game gal. Not very often that I go to a night game.) The beef sandwiches are soo good...and it's even better if you get an Italian sausage and beef combo. Oh, my mouth is watering right now!


When the boys are with me, the post game ritual is to hang out by the player's parking lot to try and score some autographs. They've gotten lucky many times!



I'm counting down the days!!!

Comments