I love edible bowls

Thought I don't often spend a ton of time on presentation at home, I love to look at beautiful food. :) One thing I love to see is when foods are used to create an edible bowl. Taco salads look so appetizing served in a tortilla bowl. A serving of chili served inside a bread bowl looks so good. Jello or yogurt inside an orange peel or hollowed out apple is too cute. I recently saw a post using strawberries as shot glasses for a chocolate liquor.

My mom always used cantaloupe as a bowl for ice cream or sometimes cottage cheese. These days, I use it to put fruit salad in. It always tastes a little better that way.


Comments

  1. I love using food as the serving platter as well, especially soup bowl! Thanks for sharing, looks great.

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment