Goat Cheese and Veggie Crustless Miniature Quiche


So, I recently saw this post from Manila Spoon for Spinach Quiche Cups. They looked so good and she pointed out that they are a great low-carb and gluten free dish. I love quiche, but don't really like the crust, so when I saw this version with no crust, I couldn't wait to try it. Also, I loved the idea that these were miniatures. They would cook faster, make perfect single serve portions and make it easy to store for later.

So, as I usually do, I pulled up her recipe and changed it up a bit to pack it a little more veggies and a couple cheese varieties.








Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Ingredients:
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
Olive Oil
1 9 ounce bag spinach
6 eggs
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup goat cheese
2 diced Campari tomatoes
Garlic salt
Pepper

First, saute the mushrooms in olive oil and set aside. Next, add a little more oil to pan and wilt spinach. It may seem like a lot, but it really gets small when you cook it down. If you are a spinach lover, you might want to add 1 1/2 bags.

While the spinach is cooking, whisk the eggs. Add mushrooms and spinach to eggs, then add cheeses, tomatoes and garlic salt and pepper to taste.


I used my Kitchen Aid silicone cupcake holders to make these, very generously sprayed with cooking spray beforehand. Empty into cupcake pan. It will make 10 to 12.

Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until an inserted fork comes out clean.

Thanks so much, Manilla Spoon for introducing me to this easy to make and healthy breakfast. Feel free to pin and share! And like us on Facebook for more posts or subscribe to our blog in the right sidebar!

Oh, and P.S. - If you have a dog, like I do...don't put those silicone cupcake pans within a dog's reach, especially when they have remnants of the quiche inside. Apparently, silicone is an ideal chew toy. :) I'm now down to ONE silicone cupcake pan!

Comments

  1. Those look and sound fantastic! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goat cheese! YUM! Thanks so much for linking up at Two Girls and a Party!
    We hope to see you back every Wednesday to link up and check our featured blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I love quiche as a breakfast or dinner! I had to laugh a little at your warning for us dog owners!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party! I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment