My first visit to Trader Joe's

For years I've been hearing all about Trader Joe's. There's not one real close to home and I never wanted to make a special trip to go there (the closest one to me is in the Orland area - at least a half hour drive.) So, I've been here in the dark hearing others rave about it.

Back in the fall, I got in on a Foodie Penpal program and in my package was a jar of cookie butter. I LOVED it. After that, I figured I would have to get to Trader Joe's soon. I was kind scared to go through the doors, though...I could see the dollar signs adding up in my head.

Well, on a recent visit out to have lunch with my sis in the west suburbs, I asked her about Trader Joe's because I knew there was one not far from here. So, after lunch as I headed home, I ran into the Trader Joe's in Batavia. And yeah, I could see myself visiting often if there was one closer to me. Rumor is there will soon be one in Munster, Indiana and I cannot wait! Here's a few of the things I picked up:

I grabbed some gnocchi, lunchmeat, frozen foods, produce, yogurt. In the end I'd spent $90, but got quite a bit.


This went on some pizza and was fantastic!

I really liked some of the vegetable blends and frozen seasoned rice that they had.


Oh, and couldn't leave without something chocolate. These were amazing!

Comments

  1. Trader Joe's is one of those stores that you go in for 1 item and you end up leaving with 20. Glad you were able to make a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to trader Joe's and it would be probably a 8-10 hour drive from me... Which is probably a good thing. I am worried I would be there all the time and the money I could spend..... I don't even want to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot imagine my life without Trader Joe's! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment