Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie

My kids are fond of smoothies and I'd picked up a bottle of POM Pomegranate Juice intending to make some smoothies. It was getting close to bedtime one night and my 9-year-old asked if we could make one. I told him we'd make one tomorrow. He countered with "Yeah, and when you say tomorrow then you don't do it that day or the next day or the next day. Can't we just make one now?" Ouch. He was right. When I say I'll do something tomorrow, it often doesn't happen. So, out came the blender and we made some smoothies before bedtime. How can I refuse a healthy request? It's not like he was asking for ice cream or potato chips.

2/3 cup of vanilla yogurt
2/3 cup of pomegranate juice
4 strawberries
4 ice cubes
2/3 cup frozen blueberries

Throw it all in the blender. Do the ice crush setting first to break up the cubes, then move to a lower setting until well blended.



Comments

Post a Comment