Cantaloupe slushie

On a couple recent visits to local Chinese restaurants, I have ordered cantaloupe smoothies. It's such a refreshing beverage. I've only had it a couple times because 1) It is a huge portion and 2) It's pretty expensive. I think the last one was $4.

So, I decided to try and duplicate it at home. To me, it seems more like what I would call a slushie or an icee, rather than a smoothie. To me, a smoothie includes yogurt and the one I get from the Chinese places doesn't have that kind of taste and it's also not quite as thick as other smoothies I've had.

1/2 cantaloupe, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons water
4 or 5 ice cubes
1 teaspoon sugar

Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth. It wasn't quite the same as what I'd get at the Chinese restaurants, but it's a good substitute when I want that sweet melon taste...and it's cheaper and in a smaller quantity.





Comments