Easy Green Enchiladas

We've been cooking on the grill quite a bit lately and I'm always trying to think of new ways to use the grill and dishes that would traditionally go in the oven, but can be adapted to grill recipes.

I pulled out a glass pyrex dish, which would work fine on the grill on low heat for a short time. And I looked a the ingredients I had in the fridge and pantry to see what I could pull together.

And I pulled out the following:

6 large flour tortillas
About 1 1/2 cups of cooked, diced chicken (I used some that I'd purchased frozen from the Schwan's truck. I've also ordered it often from Market Day. Be sure to thaw before use if you are using frozen chicken.)
2 ounces cheddar cheese
paprika
Zumba hot seasoning (No idea where this came from. It was in a prize basket I got when I won "Most Unusual" in a chili contest last fall. As a substitute you could use cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes if you want some heat.)
1 jar salsa verde
About a 1/2 cup of shredded Swiss and Gruyere blend (I picked this up at Trader Joe's)
Handful of green onion, chopped
Fresh cilantro

First I pop the tortillas in the microwave for about 15 second to help make them a little more flexible and keeping them from breaking as they bend. Next I sliced up the cheddar I had on hand and placed pieces in the middle of the shell, topping them with chicken.

Sprinkle on paprika and if desired Zumba Hot seasoning and roll. Place in glass dish and pour salsa verde over top. Add shredded cheese.

Place on hot grill for about 15 mintutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onion and cilantro.






Comments

Post a Comment