Monday, May 20, 2013

South Bend Chocolate Company and Cafe: Valparaiso, Indiana

I have been out in Valparaiso, Indiana several times in the last year for work and fun. Nearly every time I'm in that area, I make a stop at the South Bend Chocolate Company. I usually pick up some candy or fudge. All their sweets are amazing.

On my last visit I stopped in at lunchtime and got a rueben sandwich and soup and realized that it's a place worth stopping not just for sweets.

So, when my son had a recent soccer game at a park in Valparaiso, I stopped for a sandwich. This time I got chicken salad with some cheddar cheese on it. It was the best chicken salad sandwich I've ever had. It came with a side of chips and some potato salad.

My son opted for something sweet - a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream. And see that big malted milk ball on top? He gave that to me. If we weren't already driving and a mile away by then, I would have gone right back in for a pound of them. I can't say I didn't consider turning the car around and going back. But I know what I'll be getting on my next visit.





1 comment:

  1. Swift Pay Systems
    we're a credit card processing company that also does loans.
    OUR SERVICES: MERCHANT FUNDING, CREDIT CARD PROCESSING, POS SOLUTIONS, ATM MACHINES.
    Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Swift Pay Systems opened its doors in 2008 with ideas and procedures that would later revolutionize the payment industry.
    Get More info about us: http://swiftpaysystems.com/

    ReplyDelete