Strawberries and Blueberries in Lemon Creme

This simple dessert is one of the yummiest things I've had in a while. I saw this post  from My Turn For Us blog in my Facebook feed and I couldn't wait to give it a try.

It had just five ingredients and I had fresh strawberries on hand that we'd just picked and blueberries in the freezer from our last picking, so I was eager to try it. She had a super yummy photo posted with it that made it too hard to resist.

So, I whipped some up:

1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
zest from one lemon
1 cup of strawberries
1/2 cup of frozen blueberries (I put in microwave on defrost for about a minute, which softened them up and made a little juice that mixed in well with the yogurt.)

Her recipe called for low-fat yogurt and low-fat cream cheese, so that's a way to trim a few calories if you wish to do so. I used what I had on hand, which happened to not be fat-free or low-fat.

Place yogurt, cream cheese and lemon zest in blender. Scoop into serving dishes and top with fruit.

Thanks so much to Evelyn at My Turn for Us for introducing me to this easy, delicious dessert that I know I'll be whipping up again soon! She also noted in her post that it is great for 4th of July with those vibrant colors!



Comments