Baked oh-my-gooeyness macaroni and cheese


I glanced at a recipe on the back of a box of macaroni and went from there. I decided to use a full pound of pasta, rather than the 8 ounces in the recipe and I used a variety of Kraft cheese blended together for uber gooeyness.

one pound elbow macaroni
1 stick butter
6 tablespoons of flour
4 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups of shredded cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs

I used a mix of cheeses that I had on hand in my fridge. Two cup of Taco Cheese and the other two cups were a mix of mozzarella, monterey jack, cheddar and a Triple Cheddar blend from Kraft that included cream cheese.

Cook macaroni as directed. Melt butter in pan, add flour and stir. Add milk, salt and pepper and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat slightly, add cheese gradually and continue to stir for ten minutes or until cheese is melted and you have a thick sauce. Return macaroni to pan and mix with sauce. Transfer to a casserole dish and top with bread crumbs (and a little more cheese if you'd like.) Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes



If you don't like it baked as a casserole, you can serve it as is. My son requested a bowl before it went into the casserole dish.


Comments