Cooking Planit Quiche

I've worked with Cooking Planit this year on a couple of campaigns and was introduced to their website and app. I downloaded the app on my iPad and have found it to be really useful in the kitchen. I love that it plays through a slideshow to guide you through recipes and allows you to pause, rewind or skip steps. It even talks to you as you work.

I saw this recipe on Cooking Planit recently for a Broccoli, Cheddar and Canadian Bacon Quiche and thought I'd give it a try. However, I knew I didn't have all the ingredients on hand and that I'd have to improvise. Instead of Canadian bacon, I used diced, cooked chicken breast. I always keep some on hand (I get it from my Schwan's delivery service) and it is perfect for throwing into soup or into a salad. Then, when I knew I was using chicken with the broccoli, I thought perhaps Swiss may go better than cheddar. I remembered that I had some Sweet Swiss that I'd picked up on our recent visit to Fair Oaks Farms, so I sliced and diced some and added it, too. Oh, and I didn't have heavy cream, so I substituted milk for the cream and it turned out great.

It's been a long time since I made quiche, but with the help of Cooking Planit, it was extremely easy and I can't wait to make it again!

I brought a couple slices over to my mom and she was really impressed with it. So, it got not only my seal of approval, but it was also a winner in mom's book, too. And being the wonderful cook she is, a thumb's up from mom means a lot! :)





Comments