Savoring the final summer meals

Well, we've passed Labor Day, that "unofficial" end of summer and the "official" end of summer is just days away now. Soon it will be too chilly and windy to enjoy meals out on the patio that have been cooking on the grill.

Now that the air conditioning is off, I'm transitioning back to inside cooking. In the past couple days I have made soup, quiche, pie, chili and some skillet meals that I haven't made in months.

Over the weekend, we enjoyed some steak on the grill. These were Schwan's ones that I'd had in the freezer. It is my understanding that their steak supplier is Omaha Steaks and these boxes packages I get from Schwan's are excellent.

It was served along side a baked Yukon gold with sour crea, cheese, bacon bits and chives, some cremini mushrooms with onions and peas. Good stuff. Might be a while before I have a meal like this again.


Comments