St. Nick's Restaurant


I'm not a big breakfast eater. There are two reasons for it. 1) I am not hungry when I first wake up. Most days I'm up around 7:15 a.m. and it's not until at least 10 that I have an appetite. I just don't like to eat when I'm not hungry, even though it is the most important meal of the day. 2) I'm lazy in the morning. I wish I was a ball of fire early in the morning, but I'm not. I don't jump in the kitchen and start slaving a way at a big meal that encompasses all the food groups. Truth be told, weekdays are often cold cereal for the kids or frozen pancakes or waffles that get warmed up in the microwave. I just don't have the energy to cook a big meal that early or the time. I'd rather eat nothing than a bowl of cold cereal or a doughnut.

But, when I do have breakfast, I want a big, hearty breakfast. I'm talking eggs and toast or biscuits and hash brown and fruit and bacon or sausage or both. The whole nine yard. So, I when we are visiting Santa Claus, Indiana, I love to take the kids to St. Nick's for breakfast where there's a buffet full of breakfast goodies. On our most recent trip last month, I didn't hold back - I had it all. Mmmm...hadn't had sausage, biscuits and gravy in quite some time and it hit the spot. :)

And if you've never heard of Santa Claus, Indiana, it is this adorable little town where it feels like Christmas all year around. There's the Holiday Amusement Park that is the draw and there's a museum, shops, the post office where you can drop off your letter to Santa. The Christmas theme is everywhere and it is tons of fun. So, of course, Santa's Lodge, which houses St. Nick's Restaurant, has a big statue of Mr. Claus himself out front. :)

The lobby



Comments