Chicken Stir Fry

With a little bit of apricot chicken leftover that I had made in the crock pot and a few veggies sitting in my fridge, I decided I'd make some stir fry.

Rather than serving over rice, I decided to use up the somen noodles I had in my cabiet. They had come in a package I received in a foodie pen pal exchange. So, I boiled them and added them. When I was done I had a tasty, healthy meal.

I learned from Nala, my sister's foreign exchange student from Vietnam that fish sauce is the secret to a good stir fry. Just a few drops adds a lot of flavor.

Ingredients:

1 cup baby portabello mushrooms
1 yellow pepper
8 sliced baby carrots
1 stalk celery
1/2 white onion, sliced
Olive oil
About 1/2 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
1 stalk of green onion, diced
3 ounces cooked chicken breast
cilantro
sesame seeds
About 4 ounces prepared somen noodles


Start out by sautéing vegetables (except green onion) in olive oil. Once they have softened, add fish sauce (be careful because a little goes a long way and too much will overpower the dish) and soy sauce. Add chicken breast and continue to stir until it is warm throughout. Add noodles (add a little more sauce if needed at this point), stir to coat and transfer to plate. Garnish with green onion, cilantro and sesame seeds.


Comments