Ceviche

I've had variations of ceviche in restaurants recently as an appetizer. From what I gather it is a popular dish in South America and it contains raw fish that cooks in lime juice. I opted for cooked fish in mine along with lots of fresh veggies. I served it with some organic tortilla chips.

1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
1/4 white onion, diced
2 stalks green onion, diced
1 roma tomato, diced
1 kumato brown tomato, diced
1/2 yellow pepper, diced
1/2 avocado, diced
cilantro, chopped with some extra leaves for garnish
freshly ground black pepper
about 2 oz. baked tilapia (I seasoned mine with Old Bay)
juice from half of a lime

Add all vegetables, fish in a bowl and mix. Add lime juice and mix again. Transfer to glass parfait dishes. Sprinkle with fresh pepper and garnish with cilantro. I served mine with tortilla chips.





Comments

  1. I love a good ceviche and this definitely sounds like a winner! Great recipe :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment