Dessert at Iberico Tapas Cafe

While downtown for a food event with a couple of friends, we were trying to decide where to go afterwards. Abi is from Mexico and Cindy lived in Mexico for a couple years (that's how they met) and they recommended a tapas bar they said they go to on occasion with their kids.

They hit it out of the ball park on this recommendation. Cafe Iberico is a lively busy place, but luckily we didn't have too long of a wait on a late Friday evening. Everything on the dessert menu sounded wonderful.

Here's what we ended up ordering:

Abi got the Crema Catalana: Catalonian style cream custard with caramel topping.



My hubby and Cindy got the Filloa De Helado y creme: Stuffed crepe with ice cream, topped with whipped cream and strawberry sauce.


I got the Platano Al Caramelo: Sauteed banana and caramel with vanilla ice cream.

We sampled each one and they were all amazing, although my favorite was the Crema Catalana. I'm a sucker for caramel sauce and both dishes with caramel sauce left me wanting to lick the plate. :)

I eyed the rest of the menu and they have an extensive selection of hot and cold tapas, salads and soups. I'd love to return sometime for a full meal. If everything is as good as the desserts I will be estoy muy contento. :) 



Cafe Iberico
737 N LaSalle
Chicago, IL
312-753-1510
www.cafeiberico.com

Comments