Humana is providing some tickets for Chicago Foodie Sisters to give away to two readers. Admission to the fest is free, but you'll surely be itching to try out lots of Chicago cuisine while you're there. Each winner will receive two strips of 12 tickets that can be picked up at the Humana Tent from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. July 9 - 11. The Humana Tent will be on Columbus Drive (between Jackson Boulevard and Buckingham Fountain) in Grant Park.
This year at the Taste, Humana will highlight a record number of Humana Healthier Choices items, which includes healthy menu items from restaurants participating in the Taste. A panel of top Chicago-area physicians and nutritionists reviewed and selected the Healthier Choices based on calorie count, sodium and saturated fat content. A green apple on menu boards indicates which food items are designated as Humana Healthier Choices items. This is the largest list yet with 52 foods from 29 Chicago restaurants on the list, with the Humana Healthier Choices making up more than 20 percent of the total food offerings at the fest. So, while you can still count on getting a few bites of the sinful fest food we expect at a big summer event, you'll know that you'll find much more than deep fried foods that send your daily calorie counts off the charts.
A couple other Humana-related bits of Taste news:
- Charity Miles Partnership: New this year, Taste-goers can download the free Charity Miles app from iTunes or Google Play Store and wander the Taste of Chicago while giving back to their favorite charity. A participant’s charity of choice will be given $.25 for each mile biked, walked or ran. Humana’s contribution will be open to anyone who logs into the app in the Chicago metropolitan area starting on July 9 until the close of the 2014 Taste of Chicago on July 13.
- Humana Power Hour with WXRT: To promote healthy activities at the Taste of Chicago, 93XRT will host a Power Hour from noon to 1 p.m. each day throughout the five-day event at the Humana Tent. 93XRT radio personalities will be on site to challenge consumers to “get off the couch” and participate in a Wii game, which will account for a Humana Healthier Choices Passport Guide stamp.
And if you're heading to the Taste, be sure to utilize the hashtag #TasteofChi
Additional info on Humana and the Taste can be found at:
· Humana Twitter page – @Humana https://twitter.com/Humana
· Humana Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/Humana
· Taste of Chicago website – http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dca/supp_info/taste_of_chicago.html
· Taste of Chicago Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/TheTasteOfChicago
It's easy! Leave a comment on this blog post on your favorite Chicago food. Is it simply a Chicago-style hot dog? Or a pizza pie from Geno's East? Smoked shrimp from Calumet Fisheries? Or maybe a burger served up by a sassy waitress at Ed Debevic's? Also leave an e-mail address that we can contact you if you win.
Contest runs through 11 a.m. on Wednesday, July 8.
Winners will be notified via e-mail. Because of the short time frame, you must reply to e-mail within 2 hours or another winner will be chosen.
Winners will be chosen randomly from all entries.
Prize will be two strips of 12 tickets to be used on food items at the Taste of Chicago. Two winners will be selected.
Tickets will be available to be picked up at the Humana Tent July 9 - 11 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
We would love to have winners share their tastes on social media. Use hashtag #TasteofChi and tweet to @Humana and @carrieste. Please share on Facebook, also - TheTasteOfChicago and Chicago Foodie Sisters.
Humana Healthier Choices information and the Taste tickets have been provided by Humana.