Honey BBQ meatballs

On Super Bowl Sunday, I make a lot of food. So, I opt for things that are easy so that I'm not spending major amounts of time on one or two things. You can't get any easier than BBQ meatballs.

Ingredients:

About 40 frozen meatballs (I buy mine from Gordon Foods)
Half of a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons of honey
water

Yep, that's it. Of course if you want to go the route of making your own meatballs, you can do that, too. You can even freeze them when you make a big batch so that you have some ready to go for this recipe.

I use my casserole-style, rectangular crock pot for these. That way I can spread them out and they warm faster because they aren't all lumped together.

Lay out a layer of frozen meatballs. Top with sauce and honey. I add just a little bit of water on the bottom, too. Put just enough to barely cover the bottom. Set the crock-pot to high for 3 hours. Open at stir. I turn it to low then and keep it on another hour or so and then they're ready to go!

Comments