La Banque is French for "the bank" and La Voute is French for "the vault." The dining room features the bank's original vault with a huge door signed by J. Edgar Hoover, then director of the FBI.
We enjoyed a lovely lunch at La Voute and the place is beyond impressive. There's nothing like it in the south suburbs and I'm so grateful that we can enjoy a fabulous French-inspired meal in such a beautiful setting without having to head into the city.
We sampled several appetizers, entrees and desserts on our visit, including the best scallops I have ever eaten in my life.
Here's the full press release (below) on the anniversary celebration, which coincides with Bastille Day. It's a great time to plan a visit if you haven't been there or to return for a new taste of France. Oh, and just a related bit of advice - I just re-posted on the Chicago Foodie Sister FB page today a review of My Life In France by Julia Child that I put on the blog after reading it a few summers ago. If you're looking for some summer reading, it's one of my very favorite books and fitting to read in tandem with a visit for Bastille Day.
P.S. The photos in this post are from the media preview I attended.
Historic bank reinvented as luxury hotel with bistro dining in vault toasts
success with anniversary specials!
Starting on July 14th Bastille Day, the properties will have specials for guests to enjoy until July 20th!
- July 14th- Bastille Day Celebration: The hotel and restaurant will be decorated in blue, white and red flags with sounds of French music from Maurice Chevalier and accordion player Edith Piaf all week.
Blue, white and red macaroons desserts in each guest room for the week.
Toasts of the special new cocktail menu that includes: French Connection Martini, French Kiss Martini, Bellini Martini, Kir Royal, and a celebratory Blue, White and Red Champagne Flight.
This will also kick-off raffles for every day of the week that include prize package of La Banque Hotel stay, golf package at Ravisloe Country Club, French wine, and dinner and brunch for two guests at La Voute Bistro and Bar.
|The "Gold Bar" signature dessert|
- July 15th- A Real French Experience $32 includes 5 French wines to be paired with 5 French cheeses from 5-6 p.m. along with a special surprise dessert from Pastry Queen Erica.
- July 17th- Sunday Champagne Brunch Special brunch with a hand-picked champagne selection with Kirs, Champagne flights from the bistro’s champagne bar.
- July 18th- Homewood social business lunch on the patio, $19 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Drinks and passed appetizers for all Homewood business owners to celebrate our city’s growth and success!
- July 19th- Anniversary Wine and Dinner Pairing deals starting at $44 includes 5 course menu of Chicken Lemon Soup, Seared Scallop with Crunchy Turkey Bacon and a Split Pea Puree, a Roasted Pork Medallion with Mashed Potato and a Grain Mustard Sauce along with Baked Brie En Croute with a dessert of Milk Chocolate Pot de Creme’.
- July 20th- Half Off Our Most Popular Dinner Entrees at La Voute Bistro and Bar
- July 21st- Grand Finale of La Voute Bistro and Bar Prime Rib Buffet – all you can eat- $42 with $5 martinis