Dinner on the patio at Sage


When I was in Valparaiso recently to take my son to a rehearsal, I had to find something to do while he was there. It was an hour one-way, so no sense driving all the way back home. I spotted Sage while driving near the square, a place I'd heard only good things about - and really, really good things.


I parked and walked up to the entrance and a sign said to enter from the back. So, I entered Central Park Plaza and walked around. I'd seen the patio dining there before, but didn't realize it was part of Sage. It was between lunch and dinner - around 3 p.m. - so I was the only one out there on the patio. I perused the menu looking for something light and the flatbread pizzas caught my eye. I knew I wouldn't make much of a dent, but figured my son would be happy to finish any leftovers when I picked him up. 


I started off with some delicious warm, crusty bread with olive oil and seasonings. I could have made a meal out of it - and I almost did. Once the pizza arrived I only had room for one slice, but it was pretty awesome. 

It was a beautiful day and I was seated in a nice shady spot. Kids were running around in the splash pad in the plaza and people were walking by with dogs. It was such an ideal summer setting for an afternoon meal and a place I hope to revisit as I hear more and more how good their entrees are.

Sage
157 W. Lincolnway
Valparaiso, IN
219-464-7243
sagerestaurant.net


Comments