This past week I met up with the other foodie sister at Oakbrook Center for massages at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa and with just a short span of time before our appointment we didn't have time for a sit-down meal at a full service eatery. So, we opted for something a little quicker - lunch from the District.
We loved the options and some of are favorites were among the restaurants there (I could eat Porkchop every day!) Becky had a couple of tacos from Cilantro. I got a pizza margherita and a side salad at Pie Five.
“Guests will find everything and more following the opening of The District at Oakbrook with its variety of dining options,” said Caryn Torres, senior general manager of Oakbrook Center at the time of the opening in the fall of 2016. “This addition plus a number of new stores and amenities reinforce our reputation as a premier Chicagoland shopping destination.”
Here are all the details on the food offerings there:
District at Oakbrook
The new 14,000-square-foot dining District at Oakbrook features chef-driven fast-casual restaurants both familiar and new to Chicagoans.
“The District at Oakbrook will round out our great selection of fine dining, casual restaurants and snacks and drinks, providing guests with diverse dining options to fulfill any culinary craving,” says Torres. “Oakbrook Center’s fast-casual restaurants will be ideal for on-the-go shoppers, business lunch crowds, large groups, families and moviegoers looking for quick service in an upscale setting.”
The highly anticipated District at Oakbrook will open this winter in time for holiday shoppers and the local office lunch goers. The following vendors within The District will complement Oakbrook Center’s current restaurant lineup:
- Nando’s PERi-PERi – The South African-Portuguese restaurant is known worldwide for its succulent PERi-PERi chicken, marinated for 24 hours, flame-grilled to perfection and basted to customers’ preferred flavor and spice. It’s equally renowned for its spicy PERi-PERi, Bird’s Eye chili pepper and unparalleled collection of original South African art.
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop – Potbelly Corporation is a fast-growing neighborhood sandwich concept, offering toasty warm sandwiches, signature salads, hand dipped milkshakes and freshly baked cookies served by engaging people in an environment that uniquely reflects the Potbelly brand.
- DMK Burger Bar – In 2009, David Morton and Michael Kornick opened DMK Burger Bar in Chicago. Since then, DMK Burger Bar has been serving award winning burgers, fries and shakes to Chicagoans. DMK is a major supporter of local charities benefitting hunger, wellness, children and the environment.
- Greek Kitchen – At Greek Kitchen, guests get Greek served their way with customizable pita handhelds, fresh salads and plates. This original, quick-serve concept offers the most flavorful ingredients, guided by the timeless health benefits of Mediterranean cooking. Guests can enjoy Greek food that is refined for a modern world.
- Porkchop – Dishing out an urban interpretation of a Southern backwoods experience, Porkchop serves gourmet Southern comfort food and barbeque and features an innovative bar program with some of the world’s top whiskeys.
- DAVIDsTEA – DAVIDsTEA is making tea fun, modern and friendly. The store offers more than 150 flavors of loose tea, hot and cold drinks to go, modern tea accessories and the world’s greatest, most knowledgeable staff.
- Stan’s Donuts – The popular Stan’s Donuts, brought to Chicago by critically acclaimed baker Rich Labriola from California, has crafted some of the world's best donuts for more than 50 years. Stan's offers an abundant variety of donuts, as well as tasty coffee and delicious ice cream.
- Pie Five Pizza Co. – At Pie Five Pizza Co., customers can create their own personalized pizza in under five minutes. With a selection of more than 28 fresh toppings, seven savory sauces and four made-from-scratch crusts, Pie Five has something for everyone all for one low price.
- Freshii – With the mission to create a restaurant that helps people live healthier and longer, Freshii provides fresh, nutritious and energizing meal choices. The menu offers everything from quinoa bowls to fresh pressed juices.
- Cilantro Taco Grill – A family-ran business, Cilantro Taco Grill provides a delightful restaurant experience with great service. Offering breakfast, lunch and dinner made from fresh ingredients, guests can taste truly authentic Mexican food.
The new development project would not be complete without the addition of retail options for shoppers. A host of new stores, including Fabletics, Altar’d State and Oliver Peoples opened their doors later in the year, bringing the freshest trends, newest brands and hottest labels to Oakbrook Center guests.
The diverse roster of upscale shops and specialty retailers, ranging from fashion, fitness gear and designer footwear to artistry jewelry, a candy boutique and more, helps to meet everyone’s tastes and provides guests with an unmatched shopping experience.
To accompany the new retail and dining options, Oakbrook Center added more top-of-the-line amenities for guests to make their shopping trips more enjoyable.
Most significantly, the development project included a three-level parking garage to improve vehicle access. Further enhancing parking efficiency, the garage features a real-time digital management system that will help customers find a parking space, easing the search for a spot and creating a more relaxing shopping experience.
Visitors are also able to take advantage of the privacy of a new family restroom, enjoy a beautified walkway between Nordstrom and Sears on the Upper Level and appreciate redesigned common areas and several other exterior enhancements creating more chic and comfortable surroundings.
More information about project at Oakbrook Center is available atwww.oakbrookcenter.com, as well as on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OakbrookCenter, and Twitter and Instagram via @OakbrookCenter.
Oakbrook Center is located in Oak Brook, Ill., on the corner of Route 83 and Cermak Road just off of Interstates 88 and 294. The center features a unique collection of more than 160 shops and restaurants. Shopping hours are: Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For complete information, please visit www.oakbrookcenter.com or call 630/573-0700.