Uptown Cafe in Valparaiso

On a recent day in Valparaiso to take my son to a rehearsal (I had three such days within a week), I was looking for a place for a light breakfast or early lunch. I ended up at Uptown Cafe, where I had been before, but was lured back by the delicious craft soda they carry. I fell in love with it at the Chesterton European Market a few years ago and always like to get some when I am in the area.

Anyway, stopped in and had a yummy Ublee Strawberry Orange soda along with some avocado toast. I changed it a little from what’s on the menu - deleting the red onions and the sriracha. It was on a hearty multigrain bread and totally hit the spot. I was also eyeing the biscuits and gravy on he menu - but I tried to talk myself out of it. Finally, I couldn’t get it out of my head, but by the time I went back to order, they had run out. Guess I just have to make another trip back there! :)



Give it a try if you find yourself in the area. It’s a quaint little spot with lots of seating, so it worked well for me to hang out and work while I had a couple hours to kill.

Uptown Cafe
1400 Lincolnway
Valparaiso, IN
Uptowncafevalpo.com

Comments