Burger Study


I recently visited Indianapolis on a solo work trip. On my last day I visited several museums and walked around Monument Circle a bit and then instead of heading out of town, I decided I'd stick around and get something to eat. It was in-between lunch and dinner and I got on my phone and scrolled through some pages of places that had been recommended. A burger sounded good - a nice, juicy gourmet one. So, I headed over to Burger Study. I was told it was owned by the famous St. Elmo's Steakhouse and the beef that was served came from the same supplier. I knew that if there was a link to St. Elmo's, it had to be really good.

I got in quickly and was lead to a table and I scanned the menu. So many things looked good, but I finally settled on the "Homecoming," with thick-cut root beer glazed bacon, smoked gouda, lettuce, tomato and mayo. It was pretty delicious. That root beer glazed bacon convinced me to pick that one and it was a good call. I added a side of tots to go with it. Napoleon Dynamite would definitely approve.

After a few bites of my burger, I noticed a big sauce dish being delivered to a nearby table. I wondered if it could possibly be the classic shrimp cocktail made famous at St. Elmo's Steakhouse. I asked my server, Austin, if I saw what I thought I did. He confirmed that it was shrimp cocktail and I just knew I couldn't go home without getting some. So, I abandoned that delicious burger when I was half way in and dug into some shrimp. I was so focused on getting a burger, I didn't even glance at the appetizer section of the menu.

If you have never had St. Elmo's shrimp cocktail, you have no idea what you're missing. It's served with a spicy sauce that is made daily with fresh horseradish. It will clear your sinuses like nothing else. And if you handle the heat, it's so worth it.

So, I got a two-for-one on my trip - an awesome burger and a serving of St. Elmo's famous shrimp cocktail. As I walked past St. Elmo's Steakhouse on the way to Burger Study, I immediately thought about the shrimp cocktail and for a minute thought of changing my plans so that I could get some shrimp, so I was ecstatic when I found I could get it at Burger Study. If you're in the Indy area, this place is a winner! Check it out!


Burger Study
28 W. Georgia St.
Indianapolis
317-777-7770
burgerstudy.com






Comments