Olde Richmond Inn


**I received a gift card as part of a coordinated media trip by Visit Richmond that covered part of our meal. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.



I love history and I love good food and I really love when I can find excellent food within a historic building. The Old Richmond Inn in Richmond, Indiana is a fine dining establishment that began in 1984, but the building dates back much further. It was built in 1892 by Ferdinand Grothaus. It features seven inquire dining rooms and three fireplaces with Italian decorative tiles and beautiful stained glass work.



The extensive menu offers steak, chops, seafood, pastas and a number of other entrees along with several nightly specials. Between the five us, we got a good sampling of the menu - from filet mignon to lamb chops to herb crusted grouper to chicken piccata. The potato features that evening was duchess potatoes and entrees were served with a medley of fresh vegetables. We each chose a soup or salad with our meal and a couple of the boys got a French onion soup that they gave high compliments. We all walked away satisfied and enjoyed the elegant surroundings and I'd definitely recommend it if you're staying in the area - or even making a reservation even if you're a little out of the way.


Olde Richmond Inn
138 S. 5th St.
Richmond, Indiana
765-962-2247
olderichmondinn.com



















Comments

Post a Comment