Enjoy Fabulous Fine Dining at Sazzy B's

Disclosure: Our meal was provided by the Kenosha Area CVB. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own. 

On a recent trip up to Kenosha, Wisconsin to do a fishing charter organized by the Kenosha Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, we had an opportunity to dine with some other food bloggers and some representatives of the CVB. I was excited when I heard where we'd be meeting for dinner - Sazzy B. 

This past winter my husband and I made a visit to Kenosha to preview some spots for their restaurant week and had breakfast one morning at The Buzz. It's right next door to Sazzy B and as I chatted with the girl behind the counter, she explained that Sazzy B was a sister restaurant - a fine dining spot where they often had live music. She handed me a Sazzy B menu to take a look at. I loved The Buzz and couldn't wait to try out Sazzy B.

As I perused the menu, I couldn't get my mind of the homemade pasta and selected the Lemon Pappardelle with fennel snap peas, lemon butter sauce, garlicky bread crumbs and dill creme fraiche. I love anything with lemon so the sauce and the fresh dill sounded amazing. I added some salmon to it and it was fabulous. 

Before that entree arrived, though, we had several appetizers and some cocktails. I tried a drink called "Flower Power" made with citrus vodka, violet and elderflower liquor, lavender syrup, grapefruit juice, orange bitters and soda water. It was the prettiest drink ever. I loved the blue shade to it and since the restaurant is just a couple blocks away from the lake, I dubbed it "Lake Michigan in a glass."



Among the appetizers we tried were aranchini, scallops and steak bruschetta. Everyone else got a different entree, so there were lots of lovely sights and smells and pretty plates. Jazz music set a nice mood as we enjoyed our dinner. 








When it came time to order dessert, I talked myself out of it. Everyone else at the table ordered dessert, but I knew it would be too much for me, so I passed. I immediately had regret when I saw what my neighbor at the table ordered. It was a beautiful layered cake called It's Not Even My Birthday with black raspberry cake and white chocolate icing. Blue is my favorite color and as pretty as the cocktail was, this was even more stunning. I was lucky enough to try a bite and it was magnificent. I had major regret later in the evening back at the hotel when I really wanted a piece of that cake and the experience reinforced a rule I usually follow to never pass up dessert. You can always take a bite and wrap the rest to go. Next time I visit the area I want to go back specifically for that cake! 



I was so glad to have the opportunity to visit Sazzy B. It was everything I'd been told it was - and more. The dishes were totally a feast for the eyes as much as for the stomach.

Sazzy B
5623 6th Ave.
Kenosha, Wisconsin
(262) 925-8499
sazzybhive.com

Comments