Munster Ale Fest 2019


Disclosure: I received complimentary tickets to the event. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

Well, that's another Munster Ale Fest in the books. This year was the 6th Munster Ale Fest at Centennial Park in Munster where about 30 breweries were set up pouring some of their signature brews - everything from sours to IPAs to brown ales to stouts. It's always a good time and I always find something new to try. 

A few unusual and yummy beers I tried out this time were:

Rare Eagle Summer Stout from Byway Brewing. I've never had a white stout like this before. It wasn't as heavy as the thick, dark stouts, but had the vanilla and coffee flavors you often get in stouts.



Beach Sour Wheat Ale from Central State Brewing. I love sours and this one caused quite a pucker. It had some unique flavors - black lime, coriander and smoked sea salt.

Big Purp from Sour Note Brewing. I was happy to see so many sours there today. Sour Note Brewing in Hammond concentrates on that style only and they've got quite a variation. Big Purp had a bright purple hue and tasted like grape kool-aid.



It was a bit chilly today, but we dressed in layers and I pulled out my Schwing that I'd purchased at a previous fest - it's a lanyard for your pint glass so that you can place it in a little holster and let it hang from your neck, freeing up your hands - and also keeping them from freezing while you hold your cold glass of beer.



There were some nice food selections that included thin crust and deep dish pizza, pierogi, chicken sandwiches with arugula and goat cheese, burgers and grilled veggies.



Munster Ale Fest in one of several beer events put on each year with BrewFest Partners and the Munster Parks & Recreation Department. Other events include Valpo Brewfest, South Loop Beer & Cider Fest, Border War and Great Lakes Brewfest. Be sure to check their online calendar for 2020 events at brewfestpartners.com.













Comments