Scrementi’s in Steger

I was happy to make it to lunch recently with my friend, Jen, to an Italian place I've heard about for many years and hadn't been to. Scrementi's Restaurant & Banquets is way down in the very far south suburb of Steger and I could smell the garlic the moment I walked in, which to me is heavenly.


There was a small buffet available for lunch, but we opted to order off the menu. As I always do when seated at an Italian restaurant, I ate a lot of nice fresh bread. Then had a little side salad and then enjoyed a really good appetizer.


I ordered the baked portabella mushroom with bleu cheese and spinach. It was served a little differently than I expected. I thought it would be the large mushroom cap that would be stuffed, but this actually was so much better. The mushroom was diced and so much easier to eat. It was wonderful.


Jen ordered the homemade ravioli and meatball and I went for one of my favorite dishes, chicken piccata. I absolutely adore capers - the more the better - and I love when it's served over angel hair pasta.

We split a pice of tiramisu for dessert and it was a nice-sized portion that wasn't way to huge to finish after our meal. It was so airy and light and I really enjoyed it.

For more information on Scrementi's, go to scrementis.com.





Comments