Twincade

There was a place I'd been hearing about for a long time and had on my list of places I wanted visit. I finally had an opportunity to get there when I had to go take some pictures for an article I was writing for a local paper. The place is called Twincade in downtown Griifith, Indiana. I really hadn't taken time to pursue the menu online before I went there. All I really knew about the place was that it was part restaurant/bar and part old-school arcade. 

The arcade part is what I was stuck on initially. I was a kid of the 80s and have fond memories of time spent at arcades or on home gaming systems (which were pretty much in their infancy back then) playing round after round of Pac-Man and Donkey Kong and Frogger and Galaga and other classics. So, I was super excited to spend a little time on some arcade games, but I was also excited to see what the grub was like. And I was really wowed by what I found.


I got a peek at some of the specials being offered for Savor the South Shore Restaurant Weeks and there really were some awesome selections. What's pictured is last year's menu, so there will likely be different offerings this time around, but it was $17 per person for a three course meal.

I did a little sampling on the visit and loved everything I tried - the Spinach & Artichoke Dip, two of the Neapolitan pizzas (made in a wood-fired brick oven) and the brisket tacos. It completely exceeded my expectations. The pizza was amazing with that light and crisp Neapolitan-style crust that is hard to come by in Northwest Indiana and the south burbs of Chicago.


They also have some awesome-sounding appetizers and a long list of gourmet burgers to choose from. I also noticed that they have a sizable menu of vegan options, as well.


Soon you'll be able to take advantage of one of these fantastic deals again as the 2020 Savor the South Shore Restaurant Weeks will be taking place February 17 through March 1, so keep the place on your radar and mark your calendar. I'm pretty sure you'll be impressed. I know me and Pac-Man were.

Twincade
108 N. Broad St.
Griffith, Indiana
219.237.9980






Comments