Ruben’s Mexican Grill

Over the summer I have been cooking at home a lot. I miss dining out and at a lot of places, there’s not an opportunity to have a meal there. A lot of indoor dining rooms are still closed and some restaurants don’t have any space for outdoor dining. Pretty much any restaurant that is open has carry-out and I’ve been aiming to try some new places over the past few months. 

I keep a list of places that are recommended to me so that when I feel like picking up some food from a place that’s new to me, I can easily make a decision.

Last night I was in the mood for Mexican food, consulted my list and decided to try Ruben’s Mexican Grill in Dyer, Indiana.



As I looked up directions, I  saw that it was only 16 minutes away. I slipped on my flip flops, grabbed my purse and headed out the door. Because of some road construction, my GPS took me there via a way I had never been heading into Northwest Indiana. I turned south off Route 30 and drove among farms and forest preserve. At one point I had to swerve to avoid a rooster trotting out onto Burnham Avenue.



I thought I might dine in there if it was available, but the dining room was closed and there was no outdoor seating, so I grabbed a menu and picked out some items to try.



I’m always a sucker for elotes, so when I saw that on the menu, it was the first thing I ordered. I also oredered a shrimp taco and brisket taco. There had also been a sign in the window for a steak soup and I decided to try it, too. I thought I was getting a little cup of soup, but it was actually a large container of a delicious beef broth with steak, bacon and pinto beans and carefully-packaged garnishings - diced onion, chopped cilantro, radishes, avocado, lemon, pepper and even tortillas. It was amazing.



Each taco also came with a zesty sauce. I especially enjoyed the shrimp taco with perfectly grilled and generously-sized shrimp. It was a wonderful meal and will definitely go back later when dine-in returns and enjoy some other menu items along with a margarita. 



Ruben’s Mexican Grill
3364 Sheffield Ave.
Dyer, IN
219-865-9800
Rubensmexgrill.com

Comments

  1. Do you need a loan .We are Legitimate and guarantee loan lender. We are a company with financial assistance. We loan funds out to individuals in need of financial assistance, that have a bad credit or in need of money to pay bills, to invest on business. I want to use this medium to inform you that we render reliable beneficiary assistance as We'll be glad to offer you a loan Contact us via Email: pennymarkloanservices@gmail.com
    Services Rendered include
    *Home Improvement*Inventor Loans*Car Loans*Debt Consolidation Loan*Line of Credit*Second Loan*Business Loans*Personal Loans*International Loans.
    Write back if interested with our interest rate of 3% annual. Contact us via Email: pennymarkloanservices@gmail.comPlease Note: All interested individual must send a message to our email for urgent response and details to obtain a Loan.
    Best Regards. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment