Enjoying a Birthday Lunch Outdoors at Francesca's Fortunato


For years I have been hearing that the food at Francesca's is pretty outstanding and I've been wanting to visit one of their Chicagoland locations. Then somehow I managed to visit two locations within a couple weeks. Both visits were in celebration of my birthday. First my sister treated me to dinner at the Bolingbrook location and the other occasionwas in Frankfort. 

My husband and I were in downtown Frankfort and decided to have lunch together while we were there. Several of the downtown restaurants had outdoor seating on the street in front of the restaurant. It was such a nice set-up. There was even turf laid and pretty flower planters with tables and umbrellas. 

We started off with some of the bread, olive oil and freshly grated parmesan and as usual, I ate a little more than I should have, but it's so hard not to. They had a few options of craft beer and hubby noticed there was a stout, so he sipped on that while we waited for dinner. I ordered buratta from the appetizer menu and it was amazing - drizzled with balsamic with fresh basil and blistered tomatoes.




I had a nice, light vegetarian pasta that was perfect as we sat outside on a summer afternoon.






At the end of the meal, I got a little birthday treat. 



The village has done a nice job in shutting down streets to make outdoor space available to restaurants during the pandemic. 



For more on Francesca's Restaurants, visit miafrancesca.com.

Comments