Tuscan White Bean Soup

I recently got a new Quick Cooker from Pampered Chef. I hosted a party last month and was able to purchase it at half price. I've never used a pressure cooker before and was excited to try it. So, yesterday and I was hanging at home and avoiding the cold and snow, I decided to unpack it and find a soup recipe to make in it. I started looking around online for pressure cooker soup recipes. As usual, I didn't find any one recipe I followed. I looked at a few, combined different instructions and adjusted it based on the ingredients I had. I love sausage and kale in soup and came up with a pretty delicious recipe.


First I put it on the sear setting to cook and slightly brown the sausage. Then I removed that, added some oil, then chopped veggies and cooked them a bit. Then I added the rest and put it on the soup setting. It took another 25 minutes or so. I ended up with a yummy pot of soup and only had to use the one pot to make it. 

Tuscan White Bean Soup

3 Italian sausage links (I used mild)
1/2 of a small yellow onion
1 cup baby carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
Italian seasoning, garlic salt and red pepper flakes to taste
1 can diced tomatoes
3 cans cannellini beans
1 cup kale, chopped  
olive oil
grated parmesan (for garnish)

Put pressure cooker on "sear" setting. Drizzle olive oil on bottom and add sausage. If it starts to stick, add a little water on bottom. Once cooked, remove and add more oil. Add in onion, carrots and celery and saute.

Add chicken broth, seasonings, canned vegetables and kale. Put lid on and set to the "soup" setting or set manually for about 25-30 minutes. Scoop into bowl and top with grated parmesan.

This is a filling soup with sausage and meat. I might even add another can or two of different beans next time I make it - maybe red kidney beans or lima beans or butter beans. 















Comments