Universal Yums Gives You a Taste of a Different Country

I don’t know about you, but I love trying new foods - especially ones that you can’t just get pick up in any nearby grocery store. I love having an opportunity to find treats from other places and adore little shops that specialize in imported goods. 

I have a few favorite ethnic stores and markets where I can pick up favorites that I have been introduced to from different places. I often have to go out of my way, though, to find stuff like Tim Tams, Pocky, Crunchie bars, peanut puffs, marzipan and more. During the pandemic I haven’t really done much in-person shopping, so it makes Universal Yums even more appealing to me.

Universal Yums is a subscription box that brings you a variety of snacks from different countries. Each box is dedicated to a single country and comes with a booklet that gives some background on the food culture of that country, introduces you to a few words and tells you about each item that is included, along with nutrition information on each. It’s such a fun adventure into a new foodie culture without leaving home. 





As a foodie, I just love getting an assortment like this. I also think it’s a wonderful learning tool for kids. Back in my room mom days I took any opportunity I could to bring food into the classroom for celebrations and lessons. I’d bring in fortune cookies and chocolate coins to celebrate Chinese New Year. And bratwurst and sauerkraut for Oktoberfest. Corned beef and cabbage to celebrate St. Patty’s Day. We’d have a luau and I’d bring pineapple and macadamia nuts for kids to try. 

I was always surprised by the kids willingness to try new stuff when done in such a fun way. They may not have loved sauerkraut, but many kids had never tried it before and were excited to get a taste of something new. This box is a great way to introduce kids to new foods, new cultures, new countries. It can be a starting point to more in-depth research on a country’s history. I love when food can spark a desire to learn. These boxes make a great gift for young kids eager to learn more or teens who just love to snack around the clock. And, of course, grown-ups like me are also delighted by the new assortment of goodies. 

Click here to learn more about trying them out!

And take a peek at what I got in my Italy box! Some fun chips, bruschetta snacks, candies, mini cakes and more. 










Comments