Black Bean Dip


I picked up some freshly-made tortilla chips the other day at a local market and decided I'd try making some bean dip to go with it. I love getting it at restaurants, so figured I'd finally make it at home. It's super easy.

1 can black beans, drained
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp finely diced onion
1 tsp mined garlic
Dash of sea salt
Dash of pepper
Juice squeezed from 1 lime or lemon
handful of cilantro
Up to a quarter cup of water, optional (if you want it  thinned a little)
Cheese for garnish (I only had mozzarella, but recommend Cotija cheese or Queso Fresco crumbling cheese)
Sour cream (optional)

Add everything but cheese and sour cream to blender. Blend for about 30-45 seconds (additional time if needed). Garnish with cheese and sour cream and serve with fresh tortilla chips. It's also a great base for tostadas (a nice substitute for retired beans).

 

Comments