J.J. Kelley's

So, in my life outside of this food blog, I'm a writer and author and my new book came out last week. Jo-Ellyn, who owns J.J. Kelley's in Lansing with her husband, Vince, was kind enough to let me schedule a book signing there. My sister, Pam, came by and I saw several familiar faces from around town, including a few who are featured in the book.

In between signing books, I visited and my sister and I had some dinner. We had some spinach and artichoke flatbread, which was fantastic along with the soup and salad bar. The chicken noodle soup was awesome and there are few things I love more than a salad bar with cold crisp dark green lettuce. Yum!



Here's me and Jo-Ellyn. I love that they are such big military supporters and host a lot of events there for servicemen, particularly Marines. I was just there the weekend before when she hosted a dinner for the 237th birthday of the United States Marine Corp. Jo-Ellyn and Vince are truly wonderful people!


J. J. Kelley's Restaurant and Bar
2455 Bernice Road
Lansing, IL 
(708) 474-9977
www.jjkelleyslansing.com

Comments