Roast beef & avocado cream rolls

I am way behind on blogging and the recipe in this post comes from an event that happened in August, but this will make a great appetizer for your holiday party. I am in a service organization called the Lansing Junior Woman's Club and in that club are two friends, Laura and Patty. I've known Laura for years. Her husband and her brother are both on the same fire department as my husband. She and her husband have two darling little girls and Laura is just a bubbly ball of energy whenever I see her. However, she's developed a genetic condition called Mitochondrial Myopathy, Encephalopathy, Lactic Acidosos, Stroke-like Episodes (MELAS) that causes fatigue, breathing difficulties and affects other functions. There is no cure. She has lost two aunts to the disease in recent years.

Laura and some friends and family participated this year in a walk to raise awareness and funds for the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation and another club member, Patty, decided to hold a fundraiser to help her reach her monetary goal. That goal was exceeded thanks to Patty's event, which raised over $5,000. 

Patty is really one of my favorite people. She has a heart of gold and gives 110% to everything she does. That's obvious in the photos below. She went all out on the food for the event. Everything was made from scratch by Patty and her husband, Bud. 

My favorite appetizer that I had that night was a simple one that was so good - roast beef and avocado cream rolls.











Patty shared her recipe with me.

The roast beef rolls are simple:
1 package sliced roast beef from Gordon Food Service
Mix one package cream cheese (room temp) and one avocado (chopped) and 2 tsp lemon juice.
I just mix it with a fork until smooth.
Spread thin layer of mixture on each slice and roll up.
I put the slices in the freezer for about an hour, (until firm enough to cut) then slice each roll into 3 or 4 pieces.
Cover and refrigerate until time to serve.


Take a look at some of these others goodies from the party.



















Comments