Seven Cheese Baked Macaroni


I love macaroni and cheese and when I recently got a package of goodies from Dofino Cheese, the first thing I thought of to make with it was some macaroni and cheese. I used some Smoked Cracked Pepporcorn Gouda when I made the cheese sauce for this and I used some Panko breadcrumbs on top, which added a nice crunch.

Here's what you need:

1 pound cooked macaroni
4 tbsp butter
4 tspb flour 
2 cups milk
finely ground sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella, parmesan, provolone and romano)
3/4 cup shredded taco cheese blend (colby and Monterray Jack wtih taco seasoning)
About two ounces thinly sliced Dofino Smoked Cracked Peppercorn Gouda
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Parsley for garnish

 So, this is a shot of my package from Dofino. I was so excited to get it. I am a major cheeseaholic!


Melt butter in large saucepan. Add flour and whisk until blended. Add salt and pepper and gradually add milk. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for two minutes until it thickens. Reduce heat and gradually add cheese, stirring frequently until all the cheese melts. Let simmer for about 3 minutes.

While it simmers, spray Pam on a casserole dish. Add macaroni to cheese sauce and stir until macaroni is well coated. Pour into casserole dish. Sprinkle parsley over top and then breadcrumbs. Bake in a 350 degrees oven for about 25 minutes.  Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving. Makes about 6 servings.
Although the basic cheddar sauce is always delicious, it's fun to switch it up now and then. There's just no such thing as a dish being too cheesy in my opinion! This addition of the peppercorn gouda added a little zing to the otherwise mild sauce. 




* I did receive complimentary product for the purpose of a review. I was not compensated for this post. Opinions are my own.

Comments