Late Summer Chili

I love to make chili. I make it mostly in the fall and winter, but some of the best batches I've made has been in late summer when I pick peppers and tomatoes right out of the garden, diced them up and put them right in the pot. It smells so good as it simmers and it has such great flavor.







3 14.5 oz. cans of seasoned diced tomatoes
2 15.5 oz. cans mild chili beans
1 15.5 oz. can cannelloni beans
1 pound browned ground beef
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
1 small green pepper, diced
2 mild banana peppers, diced
2 cayenne peppers, diced
2 roma tomatoes
1 yellow tomato
1/4 diced onion
spices to taste: 21 Seasoning Salute (from Trader Joe's), Everyday Seasoning (from Trader Joe's), freshly ground pepper, garlic salt, chili powder, paprika, red pepper flakes

After meal is browned and drained, add each seasoning and set aside. In stock pot, empty all cans (rinse cannelloni beans) and add vegetables and seasonings. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Add ground beef and continue simmering for about 20 more minutes. 

I add shredded cheese when I serve mine and 

Comments