Bru Burger: South Bend, Indiana



On a recent getaway to the South Bend area, my husband and I visited the Bru Burger location in Eddy Commons in South Bend to get a burger for lunch. It was right next to the hotel we were staying at, The Embassy Suites South Bend Notre Dame, which was right across the street from the Notre Dame campus. 


I'd been to the Bru Burger location in Indianapolis several years ago and remembered how good the food was and the South Bend location did not disappoint. I love garlic burgers and when I saw the Garlic Three-Cheese on the menu, I didn't look any further.

I hate skipping the fries with a burger, but I'm trying to scale back on the carbs a little, so I ordered the Buttermilk Cobb Salad for hubby and I to split. I got a large, but could have definitely gone with the small because it was a sizable salad and we didn't make much of a dent in it. It was loaded and delicious. 

I love the location, too. It was nice being so close to the beautiful campus. We did a little self-guided tour on bicycle and it was a lovely afternoon (until the rain came down and cut the visit short). I definitely recommend a campus visit if you are in the area. It's a perfect day trip from the Chicago area - a morning tour of the campus, lunch at Bru Burger and then an afternoon at one of the area museums or on the Riverwalk. South Bend has lots of history to learn about and lots of riverfront parks to enjoy. 






 

Comments