Pricklee Superfruit Water Adds A Touch of Sweetness in a Healthy Way


*I received a product sample for the purpose of a review. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

My beverage of choice most days is water. Just plain old boring water. Sometimes with a slice of lemon in it. It's good for you, but once in a while you want to switch things up. 

I'm just someone who really hates to calories on beverage. I'd rather save them for yummy foods. And save the sugars for dessert. I have started drinking a glass of tea most days - and that's only because I dedicated myself to a new year's resolution eight months ago to drink a different tea each day without duplication because I had built up such a large collection of tea. I really like Coca-Cola, but I try to save it as a special treat when I dine out. Once in a while I'll buy a pack of the seven ounce mini cans and have one if I'm eating pizza (that's one meal that just calls for Coke). I don't drink milk. I don't drink coffee. I don't drink much alcohol. I don't drink juices. I seldom drink a milkshake or smoothie. It's mostly just water.

And I do like flavored waters, except for that awful chemical-filled aftertaste of artificial sweeteners. So that crosses most of them off the list. And I'm always searching for one that is low in calories, has no artificial sweeteners and very little natural sweetener, doesn't have caffeine and doesn't have artificial flavors. It's really, really hard to find something like that. 

When I got an email offer to try Pricklee, I was intrigued. It's made with prickly pears. It's got a sweet, natural flavor, was developed by pharmacists, is gluten free, has natural electrolytes, is caffeine free and has only 35 calories per 12-ounce can. It's healthy and it also tastes great. My favorite is the strawberry hibiscus flavor. The prickly pear has been called a "superfruit" that according to a Mayo Clinic article has been shown to reduce blood sugar levels for those with type 2 diabetes. It also has anti-inflammatory effects.

Right now you can only buy in stores in the Boston area, but it's available online on Amazon or at prickly.com.. Shipping is free with an order of $50 or more. You can get a sampler box, like the one shown below or 12-packs. Use the code GETPRICKLEE for $3 off of you order.

If you're a big water drinker like me, but want something with some flavor now and then that is healthy and refreshing and a great way to replenish after a workout or on a hot day, this is definitely worth trying.


Comments

  1. Do you need a loan .We are Legitimate and guarantee loan lender. We are a company with financial assistance. We loan funds out to individuals in need of financial assistance, that have a bad credit or in need of money to pay bills, to invest on business. I want to use this medium to inform you that we render reliable beneficiary assistance as We'll be glad to offer you a loan Contact us via Email: pennymarkloanservices@gmail.com
    Services Rendered include
    *Home Improvement*Inventor Loans*Car Loans*Debt Consolidation Loan*Line of Credit*Second Loan*Business Loans*Personal Loans*International Loans.
    Write back if interested with our interest rate of 3% annual. Contact us via Email: pennymarkloanservices@gmail.comPlease Note: All interested individual must send a message to our email for urgent response and details to obtain a Loan.
    Best Regards. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment