Beef Noodle Veggie Soup


With a big snowstorm predicted, and nowhere I had to go, it seemed a good time to hunker down and make some soup. I don’t think I ever make any two pots exactly the same. Kind of wing it and use what I’ve got. Here’s what went into this batch:

Three large Knorr tomato bouillon cubes
Three large Knorr chicken bullion cubes
12 cups water 

Place cubes and water and boil to dissolve. While boiling add whatever seasoning you like. I added some 21 seasoning salute from Trader Joe’s, seasoned pepper, garlic salt, Italian seasoning. 

Dice and add the following veggies, or whatever you like, or have on hand: celery, carrots, bell peppers, onions, zucchini. Boil for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.

Add one can of diced seasoned tomatoes. And a pound of browned ground beef - season however you like as you brown it. I just added some pepper and every day seasoning from Trader Joe’s.

Then add whatever pasta you would like and simmer until soft about 10 to 12 minutes usually. I had some ribbon noodles that I bought at Aldi that I added to it.

Then in the last 5 minutes or so, I looked to see what cooked vegetables I had left over in the fridge from the last couple meals to put in there. I added some cooked peas, broccoli, and corn. 

It was a perfect meal for a cold winter’s night with a few salty crackers. 



Comments