Tomato, cucumber and avocado salsa

All summer long I whip up little bowls of fresh salsa. While salsa often means a watery and very tomatoey mash of ingredients when it comes in a jar - you know, like the kind they make in New York City...remember that commercial? Anyway, salsa is also often associated with peppers and has some heat to it.

For me, I like fresh tomatoes and a milder taste. I have this regular go-to recipe that I don't stray from very much. Why mess with something good, right?

Here's the latest batch:

2 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 seedless cucumber, diced
1 avocado diced
Olive oil
1 lime
handful of cilantro
garlic salt

Mix the veggies together and drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze in juice from the lemon. Chop up cilantro and add to bowl. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Mix well. I like to serve with the "Hint of Lime"  chips.





Comments