The many flavors of Moon Pies

Moon pies. It's just one of those treats that make you happy (if you can keep yourself from looking at the nutrition label, that is.) My kids are fans and so once in a while if I am in Cracker Barrel, I grab a few for them.

I also spotten a huge display of them when we made a stop at Bass Pro Shop in Portage. I never knew there were so many flavors. So, I thought we would sample a few. Besides the original flavor, we tried out peanut butter, mint, banana and orange.

How can you go wrong with chocolate? The peanut butter and mint varieties had a perfect enhancement of flavor. I wasn't a big fan of the banana or orange - they just tasted a little too artificial to me. Truly, if I had to pick, I'd grab the original, but I enjoyed sampling the new flavors, too.





Comments