Loaded egg scramble

I have been on quite an egg kick lately. I'm not much of a breakfast person, but when I do eat breakfast, I want it to be something hot - usually eggs. I've been making them quite often lately and I always make a big pan so that there are leftovers for the next day or so. The more additions the better and I love to load them up with veggies.

Here's what went into this batch:

About 1 1/2 cups of fresh spinach, wilted in olive oil. Remove from pan.

Add more olive oil to pan and sauté green and yellow pepper, mushroom, onion, tomato. Return spinach to pan after veggies are soft. I also threw in some diced potatoes I'd made the night before and

Scramble 8 or 9 eggs, add a couple tablespoons of water, real bacon bits and gobs of Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio - a shredded blend of Asiago, Fontina, Parmesan and Mild Provolone that melts beautifully.

Sprinkle with Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning. And add to pan. Cook on medium until eggs are done throughout. It's also fabulous the next day to heat up and throw between a couple slices of toast.



Comments