St Elmo’s Steakhouse Horseradish

If you go to Indianapolis and only eat one thing while you were there, make it a shrimp cocktail from St. Elmo‘s steakhouse. I’m convinced that it is the best steak shrimp cocktail that exists. In the restaurant they serve massive jumbo shrimp along with a super spicy zesty cocktail sauce made with horseradish that is coarsely ground daily in the restaurant. I’m not big on spicy food, but there’s just something about their shrimp cocktail. Your mouth burns but you still want more.

I was excited to learn last year that you could purchase bottles of their horseradish to have shipped. So I did that and we had shrimp cocktail for Christmas and for New Year’s and a couple times since then. I started with a premade cocktail sauce but then added some of the horseradish to it. It doesn’t take much to spice it up quite a bit. I would start with a teaspoon to mix in and then taste it from there.

It was so good and I’ve become completely addicted to this sauce. I have used some of the horseradish to add to some mayo for a sandwich for my husband and again him very little bit goes a long way.

You can order it from store.stelmos.com, but it's also available on Amazon at at Meijer's and Mariano's.













Comments