Mora Asian Kitchen Introduces Breakfast Menu


I was pretty excited to learn that one of my very favorite restaurants, Mora Asian Kitchen in Bolingbrook, would be offering a new breakfast menu. And when I was invited to come in try out some of the new offerings, I couldn’t resist. I was there on the day that indoor dining in Will County resumed and it felt wonderful to be eating inside a restaurant in Illinois again. And I love knowing that going forward it will be a great brunch spot for the weekend or a good place to start the day if I want to do some shopping or see a movie at the iPic theatre across the street.




It was really hard to pick what to order because the menu includes almost all of my favorite breakfast items - and then some. I tried a classic Eggs Benedict that was amazing and also a Greek omelet, which was perfect. They were served with these little diced potatoes that were so much better than hash browns. They were just a little crunchy on the outside and soft inside. I could have eaten those all day long.


I usually go savory when it comes to breakfast and loved the savory items I tried. But, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try some of their sweet breakfast dishes. So, we ordered two different pancakes - the German Pancake and the Mora Cakes. The German Pancake does take a bit to cook, so be prepared for a little wait if you want one of those. One of the owners stopped over and explained to us the proper way to enjoy it, which includes adding a coating of butter and taking lemons and squeezing juice over them all, then finishing up with powdered sugar. I wasn’t too sure on the lemon, but so glad we followed his advice because the lemon juice takes it over the top. It’s a large, but thin pancake that kinda takes away that guilt of indulgence. It wasn’t the first thing I thought of ordering, but now it’s the first thing I think I might order when I go back again. It was amazing. 


Now as amazing as that pancake was, the Mora Cakes were the ones that really offered that wow factor. I’ve been seeing Japanese pancakes all over Instagram the past couple years and I have been wanting to find a place to try them. I was so exited that these were on the menu. They are thick and fluffy and just look so appetizing - and then they taste as amazing as they look. These contained a bit of chocolate - like a glaze that took them to the next level. There’s no doubt that these are the epitome of luxurious breakfast indulgence, but it is so worth it. I ordered some of their imported Japanese sausage to go with it and it was an utterly amazing meal. 



I enjoyed brunch with a friend named Tommy Hensel who is a fellow foodie and has a blog called “Table for One, Please.” I had some chrysanthemum tea since I’m strictly a tea drinker. Tommy tried a Vietnamese coffee that had a lot of strength and was tempered down a bit by a milk mixture that made for a pretty, layered appearance. We also tried a delicious three-milk hot chocolate that was oh so yummy.




I went back today and tried out their new addition to the menu - chicken and waffles. It’s one of my very favorite breakfast items and whenever I see it on a menu I have to give it a try. I love the bit of sweetness with the savory - I don't have to decide. Their version of chicken and waffles is still a work in progress, I was told, but is pretty awesome just how it is. The chicken marinates in an adobo marinade and is then fried in a crunchy, flaky coating. It has a nice crunch outside and is so tender and juicy inside. I was also told that the adobo chicken is popular in Filipino cooking, but it is braised. In this case it is braised and then fried. They’re still working on creating an elevated waffle to go with it (although the ones I tried were pretty delicious) and they hope to make it the signature dish they are known for among brunch-goers. I paired it with a mimosa and it was brunchy heaven. 





If you are looking for a new breakfast or brunch spot, Mora has so much to offer. I look forward to working my way through the rest of the menu as time goes on. Breakfast hours are 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Then they are open with their dinner menu from 4-8 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. For more info and menu, visit MoraAsianKitchen.com. 

Comments